Monday, November 19, 2012

The Subtle Mind...Not So Subtle

I have to say I liked this exercise much better than the last one. I still couldn't calm my mind, but I felt like I was making progress as it went. I definitely noticed how easy it was for anything and everything to grab my attention. I wasn't able to progress through all the stages along with the audio but I didn't really care because I felt like I was getting better at the first stage by the end of it. I tried focusing on my chest rise and fall at first but found that focusing on my breathing in and out was more natural and I could actually semi-not think about other stuff when I did that.

My connection specifically between the mental and physical wellness and the spiritual wellness is my reliance and faith in God. Knowing that someone else has it all figured out and has a plan for everything that happens to me, good or bad, is such a reassuring and relieving feeling. As soon as I start to grab on and hold tight to something that just isn't working out or going my way, I stop and learn to let go and take it as God telling me it just isn't in His plan. I've noticed in myself such a change for the better. I'm less stressed, I'm more positive, and, with the help of this class as well, I've learned to develop a greater loving-kindness toward others. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed this exercise more. I did as well!! I really can see how this can help. I have been trying to add in some breathing techniques into my day to help me relax. Now if I would just make time to regularly do this breathing exercise for Unit 5... I may see some change!
    You said it girl... God has us and promises not to leave us no matter what. Just today with my heat pump shot, a HUGE bill that hasn't gone away regardless of the fact the insurance company says I don't owe it and school work due I had to keep telling myself God has got me. Prov 3:5-6 gives me a lot of perspective in the crazy times!

    Good luck with the unit coming up. And Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete