Monday, December 10, 2012

Lifetime Commitment!

The two exercises that I feel like were most beneficial to me throughout this course and will continue to be the most beneficial to me even after are the loving kindness and the visualization exercises. I really enjoyed the loving kindness exercise even though it was difficult to focus my mind and wrap my head around it at first.  I'm noticing myself thinking about this technique pretty often though and trying to use it throughout my day as well. I will continue to do this exercise as well as trying to look at the good side of each person and treat them with loving kindness as best as I can no matter the circumstances. When it comes to the visualization exercises, it is something that I can do even without the audio guiding me along. I really believe that if you see yourself winning and believe you will win, you are more likely to win. In the case of integral health, if I can see myself showing loving kindness and carrying out acts of kindness among tons and tons of others things, I believe I will be more likely to do it from day to day. If I imagine helping out those in need, or imagine myself staying physically fit, or imagine myself recycling, I will eventually fall into a lifestyle that will mimic that...or at least that is my hope :) 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jerrica! I liked your post. I chose visualization and meditation as my two practices. Being able to visualize is so very important to me because I was taught to "make the vision plan" meaning that if whatever I want to happen in my life, it can and it will as long as I continue to see it and believe it! I am still learning how to meditate properly. When I feel myself uncalm, uncool, and uncollected, I have to let out a huge WOOOOOSAAA to collectively gather myself-I will grow in this area. It is nice to know that we have the visualization practice in common. Oh yes...before you know it, you will do well in your loving-kindness practice :).

    Take care and have a wonderful week!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jerrica.
    Nice post. I also like the loving kindness and try to practice each day although at time it can be difficult.The average person is always on the defense and when you as a person try to do a kind act they are not sure how to accept it or they think there is another meaning behind you kind act. But I will not let these people stop me from earning a place in my father's home or to prevent me from flourishing
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerrica,
    I to believe that what you think is most likely to happen. Of course it requires an effort from the individual but what you believe for yourself this what you will me. Visualization is powerful especially door meditation I think this is a powerful ways exercise the mind along with reading. Ironically I know this but I do not like to read. Nice post
    Janice

    ReplyDelete