In unit 3 I scored myself in the three categories of physical wellness, spiritual wellness, and psychological wellness. In physical wellness I score myself as a 7/10 and today I would say that is about where I am at still. I still consider myself to be in good shape and I am carrying out the activities I made for myself by being on a running program and cross training with my co-worker. My goal was to complete the tough mudder in may but unfortunately they moved it so it is no longer going to be around where I am so that is out lol...BUT..I do plan on doing another 1/2 marathon instead called the Rock'n Roll half marathon. In the spiritual wellness area I scored myself as a 6/10 in unit and now I would score myself as around an 8-9/10. I am more spiritual than I have ever been since starting this class, whether it was the result or just crazy timing idk because my co-workers I would say had a lot to with it also in helping me grow in that area. I am still reading the Bible and actually I am most days surpassing my goal of 4-5 chapter per day. In the psychological area in unit 3 I scored myself as a 5/10 and today I would score myself at around an 8/10. I have come a loooong way throughout this course when it comes to reacting to other people and my emotions. As far as my goal goes, I started out just paying attention to how I felt and why and just trying to be reflective but also not reactive. Then I worked on my loving kindness toward people. I still have a lot of work to do in this area though actually...so maybe my scoring is a little off but I feel so different and so much better about how I deal with daily issues.
Throughout this course I do feel like I have improved my wellness greatly. I feel more at peace throughout the day. I used to let people get to me so easily or get offended or defensive if someone said something disagreeing to me and I'm so happy because this class has shown me to accept others opinions and uniqueness by the loving kindness activities and learning to accept them instead of looking at them like an opposition to me or something, which now just sounds ridiculous as I'm saying it lol. I have to say the meditation has been the hardest part for me of this class...at least some of them. I loved the first one we did but some of the ones that followed I had a hard time with. But at the same time, it helped me realize how busy my mind really is and how that that is an area that I need to work on. So in the least they made me aware of my weakness. This course has made me realize in my job that I am treating people who are in depth and unique and not just people with an illness or injury. It has helped me treat my patients as a whole by even just listening to them and how they were injured, how it has effected their lives and how they personally get better with their time and resources. My job is much more fulfilling to me now.
Jerrica
Throughout this course I do feel like I have improved my wellness greatly. I feel more at peace throughout the day. I used to let people get to me so easily or get offended or defensive if someone said something disagreeing to me and I'm so happy because this class has shown me to accept others opinions and uniqueness by the loving kindness activities and learning to accept them instead of looking at them like an opposition to me or something, which now just sounds ridiculous as I'm saying it lol. I have to say the meditation has been the hardest part for me of this class...at least some of them. I loved the first one we did but some of the ones that followed I had a hard time with. But at the same time, it helped me realize how busy my mind really is and how that that is an area that I need to work on. So in the least they made me aware of my weakness. This course has made me realize in my job that I am treating people who are in depth and unique and not just people with an illness or injury. It has helped me treat my patients as a whole by even just listening to them and how they were injured, how it has effected their lives and how they personally get better with their time and resources. My job is much more fulfilling to me now.
Jerrica
Hey, Jerrica.
ReplyDeleteWonderful blog of all your successes. There are several things that you and I have in common. (1) Becoming more spiritual and enlightened (2)responding vs. reacting to situations and (3)practicing meditation better. Meditation is relaxing and, as you know, has alot of benefits for the body. The breathing has really been beneficial. I commend you on reading the Bible of 4-5 chapters (or more) daily. I have not gotten there yet; however, I do read along with daily devotionals for my daily spiritual vitamin. I LOVE the Lord so very much and that is where my strength lies. I have to say that this course was good for me because it is teaching me to fortify my body, mind and spirit as well. Blessings to you in all of your future endeavors.
Patricia
Hey, Jerrica! I forgot to ask.....what is a "tough mudder?" Would you be running or wrestling in mud as a sports activity? I am curious :).
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Patricia