Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rating My Wellness in Unit 3

1. Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?

Physical Well-being- I would rate myself at a 7. I'm in the best physical shape I have been in in my life and I feel great. Of course there is always room for improvement and I'm working at bettering myself. 
Spiritual Well-being- I would rate myself at a 6. Although I've more recently become more spiritual, I'm still learning a lot and trying to incorporate it more into my life. 
Psychological Well-being- I would rate myself at a 5. I'd say I'm pretty psychologically healthy but I still let some people get to me and do have some self esteem issues I'm trying to work through. 

2. Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).

Physical Goal- Complete the tough mudder in May. The tough mudder is not only a long distance run which would require good stamina, but it also includes numerous obstacles which would challenge my agility.

Spiritual Goal- Finish reading the Bible. I've started and am about 2 months out of 12 into it. 

Psychological Goal- Do not let others get in my head so much that I act out on it. 

3. What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

Physical Activity- Get into a running program or schedule, and do cross training on the off run days. 

Spiritual Activity-  Read at least 4-5 chapters a day out of the Bible in the mornings and reflect on them the rest of the day.

Psychological Activity- Focus on myself and my values and try to develop that loving-kindness toward everyone, even if they put me down or I disagree with them. 

4. Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. Describe your experience. 

My experience was not as good as the first exercise, but I liked the idea behind it. It was kind of hard to wrap my head around the whole concept of light coming out of me and it meaning different things. I think if I ever did this exercise again I would try to focus more on the feelings than the light because that kind of distracted me. That and my mind kept wandering in this one. It was still relaxing though. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerrica,

    I also had a difficult time getting my mind into this exercise. When I have a difficult time with things I leave it for a while than come back to it. This works best for me. I enjoy reading your blog.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete